- Application Fee ($55 paid as part of the online application)
- Professional Statement outlining academic and career goals, academic potential, and relevant research and/or applied experience (less than 1,000 words and must be submitted in the online application. No emailed copies or hard copies will be accepted.)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (we prefer that you submit these online as part of the online application process.)
- Transcript from each post-secondary institution attended (1 copy which can be uploaded after the application has been submitted)
- GRE scores (institution code 1318, not required for M.S. in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling)
International Applicants only
- TOEFL Score (institution code 1318)
- Affidavit of Support (This form must be submitted with your bank documents. You may wait to submit this form until after you receive your admission decision.)
The Department of Psychology accepts applications for Fall entrance only except Clinical Psychology which accepts applicants for Summer. The application deadlines are as follows:
|January 15||Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology|
|February 15||M.S. in Personnel and Human Resources Development
Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
|March 15||M.S. in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
Ph.D. in Rehabilitation Counseling Education
All material must be received by the deadline date. Please submit the online application as early as possible. We cannot enter your supplemental material into our database until we have an application.
Request more information
Prospective students for the Clinical Psychology program are interviewed by invitation only. Additional information can be obtained from the Director of Clinical Training, Dr. Michael Young.
Students interested in the Industrial/Organizational Psychology program should contact the Director of the I/O Division and Training Program, Dr. Roya Ayman.
Prospective Rehabilitation Counseling Education Ph.D. or Rehabiliation and Mental Health Counseling M.S. students should contact the program coordinator Dr. Frank Lane.
The most current per credit hour rate may be found here.
Not sure if you should send something that isn't on this list?
Please do not send ANY extra materials, this includes CV's, writing samples, thesis papers, books, etc. Your ability to follow these instructions will be taken into consideration during the admission process.
Please refrain from binding your documents into folders or other sleeves to make them look nicer. These must be disassembled to be placed into your application file.
Please mail all application materials to:
Department of Psychology
Illinois Institute of Technology
3105 South Dearborn, Suite 252
Chicago, Illinois 60616-3793
DO NOT send your documents to the graduate admissions office, we may not receive them.