Earning your M.S. in Personnel and Human Resources Development (PHRD) at Illinois Tech, you will learn the skills necessary to advance in the rapidly changing and growing areas of management consulting and human resource management. Some of these critical skills include:
- Developing an understanding of human behavior and effectiveness in the workplace.
- Learning how to manage change and promote productivity.
- Gaining knowledge about leadership cultivation.
- Using statistical methods to make sound decisions and evaluate effectiveness.
- Learning critical human resources content areas, such as training and development, and performance management.
- Promoting wellbeing in the workplace.
The PHRD degree at Illinois Tech is unusual among master's degrees in industrial/organizational (I/O) psychology or human resources management programs in that all of the classes are designed for Ph.D.-level students. This means that both master’s and Ph.D. students attend the same classes and are evaluated on the same criteria. You will be take part in a rigorous, exciting, and comprehensive Ph.D.-quality curriculum you will graduate prepared to enter the workforce or attend a Ph.D. degree program.
The PHRD program also has an international component for interested students through the Erasmus Mundus European program. Through this agreement, PHRD students admitted to this part of the program can collaborate with an international team of students in Europe and spend a month in Valencia, Spain in winter.
For more information or to schedule a visit, please contact:
ROYA AYMAN, PH.D.
Professor and Director, Industrial/Organizational Psychology Program
3105 South Dearborn, 2nd floor
Chicago, Illinois 60616